Tuesday, April 24, 2007

 

Starting Over

So I made up this cute little theory about why people stop enjoying their games, and about how having a save slot in a game makes you feel like you never have to play it again. So I think it's time to put this theory to the test. I'm going to take a game I haven't played in forever and start over. Dump the save slot, no looking back.

I'm going to restart Pokemon.

All of it.

Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Stadium 2. I'm going to play through all five versions and interface them with Pokemon Stadium 2 and my Pocket Pikachu 2. I want to see what it's like to have a total Pokemon experience from the very beginning. (I reserve the right to not restart my Pocket Pikachu 2 because it has information relating to my exercise activities over the last four years that are unrelated to the game, and Pokemon Trading Card game because it's a different affair entirely.)

I figure I have nothing to lose. I haven't touched any of the games for any appreciable length of time for several years -- my files might as well already be deleted. And if this can rekindle my interest in a collection of games I already own, then it'll be worth it.

This'll go down May 1st. Just to make an event out of it. I was thinking about declaring a National Delete a Save File Month, but I think I'll just give it a try and see how it goes and worry about organizing something like that based on my experiences.

Wish me luck.

On edit: OH I JUST WENT AND DID IT WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF EVERYTHING

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?