Saturday, May 05, 2007

 

Well That Went Nowhere

So in an attempt to prove my theory that starting a game over will increase one's interest in it, I restarted all of my Pokemon games.

Surprisingly, the experiment was a complete failure. I got past Brock in Pokemon Red and promptly stopped caring.

What's the conclusion I can draw from this? Maybe sometimes you just get sick of something you own, and there's really nothing you can do about it. Maybe I'll get interested in Pokemon again. Maybe I won't. I'm keeping all of the stuff, just in case.

On the other side of the coin, I've found renewed interest in some of the older games that I own. I'm playing through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again for the first time since it came out and revelling in its artistic majesty. On the go, I'm usually packing Elite Beat Agents, Cooking Mama, or Puzzle Quest. I've been dipping in and out of Donkey Kong '94. I've got a hankering for some New Super Mario Brothers. When was the last time I played Super Smash Brothers Melee or Rampage Total Destruction? How many missions to I still need to play in Pilotwings 64?

And I've succumbed to temptation. I bought a VG Pocket Caplet. It should have been just an impulse buy, but the unit's had me captivated. Stuffed with short, cheapy original games and generic knockoffs of such legendary puzzle games as Bejeweled, Tetris, Columns, and yes even the very recent Magnetica, it fulfills the promise on the box -- fast-acting relief for video game cravings.

My head's busting with stuff I want to write about. Might bang out a lot more reviews this month.

But I'm not going to sweat it. No more crazy theories. No more trying to psych myself out over what I want to play. Not for a while, anyway.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?