Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 

Would You Look At That

As of this writing, the Nintendo Wii has sold more units worldwide than the X-Box 360, if the numbers at VG Chartz can be trusted.

Well, good for them. I guess, as a Nintendo fanboy, it's kind of cool to see my favorite game company outperform a company that had a one year head start on them. It's tempting to think about what this event means and the effects that it'll have on the industry for years to come. I don't have a crystal ball or anything, but I like to think that this will mean good things for everybody.

Maybe we won't see drastic inflation on game and console prices in the following generations. Maybe we'll see more creativity in game design. Maybe my favorite hobby will no longer be dominated by grim shooting games and dull professional sports simulators.

Guess we'll see. Regardless, I'd wager even money that "the lead" will be flopping back and forth between Nintendo and Microsoft for months to come.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?