Wednesday, April 28, 2010

 

A Wii is a Pleasant Thing to Have

I wake up and have breakfast, and then I go to the living room. I move the coffee table to one side, pull the yoga mat and balance board out from under the couch, and slip Wii Fit Plus into the disc slot.

I check my weight, then I combine the Warm Up and Back and Shoulders routines to warm up. Next it's my personal routine: pushups, jackknives, tricep extensions, lunges, and a plank. Then a quick jog around Wuhu Island. Finally, I return to the gym to cool down with the Posture and Relaxation sets. I feel loose and stretched and warm and energized, ready to start the day.

Wii Fit Plus comes out, and I check the channels. First is Everybody Votes, followed by the five-day forecast, and then the news. I start up the National and International News in turn, flipping through the slideshows and reading anything interesting. On Mondays, I like to check the Nintendo Channel and see what zany antics they're pulling on Nintendo Week. The dogs usually jump on my lap while I do this.

Then I might have time for a game. I'm becoming fond of the golf game in Wii Sports Resort. The original Wii Sports is still good for a round of tennis. I might check in on Animal Crossing if I'm in the mood for something more low-key or Super Smash Brothers Brawl if I want a good action fix. I've got three versions of Rock Band now too. And after rescuing Samba de Amigo from a bargain bin for five bucks, I've discovered that it's really not as bad as I thought it was.

This summer, it'll be three years since I got my Wii, and I still really enjoy using it. I hope it'll stay around for a long time to come.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?